Tuesday, November 13, 2018

2001 Topps Tribute Franchise Figures Game Used Bat Relics with Luis Aparicio and Nellie Fox

I can't tell you how stoked I am to finally be able to afford this card.  They aren't numbered and I don't have a sense of the print run, but they very rarely come up for sale.  Fortunately for me, one sold for a huge amount of money (for a non-auto, un-numbered card) about two weeks before this one came up.  That always brings the price way down for the second auction and I was able to grab it.  I really love Topps Tribute and this was the first year it was issued, not long after Fisk was elected to the Hall of Fame, which started a flood of high-end cards.  With bat pieces of three Chicago Hall of Famers, this one is a centerpiece of my collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment