Wednesday, August 8, 2018

2016 Topps The Mint Golden Engraving Autographs #68/99

I could be wrong but I think this is the first Fisk "inscription" autograph I've purchased.  That "HOF 2000" really grabs me.  This scan is a TERRIBLE representation of this card.  The card itself is printed on extremely thick, heavy cardstock.  It took a 180 point magnetic to hold it.  Second, the overall printing is very glossy black, almost mirrored finish.  Very classy, very expensive printing.  Lastly, the gold sharpie for the auto and inscription are just awesome.  In any of the 100 Fisk autos I own, don't one even close to as nice as this.  Finally, baseballcardpedia.com notes that The Mint is, on a per box basis, the most expensive product Topps has ever released at an MSRP of $899 per box for.....FIVE CARDS!  I don't track the current release stock market like a lot of guys, so I'd be curious no know how this release ended up selling.  Per card average of the MSRP, this card should have cost $180.  Picked it up for 20% of that.  Just shows to go you how these cards really won't hold their value over time.  I do this because I love it, not for the money.  Thanks for looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment