Friday, August 10, 2018

1973 Topps Candy Lids - slabbed PSA 5

Boy there's so much to say about this issue of cards.  I love it that it's an actual Topps company issue.  I love it that it's oddball.  I love it that it's candy related.  I love it that it's rare.  I love that there are "proof" cards and a 1972 "test" issue out there.  Little buckets of candy.  Just wierd.  When I first started a serious Fisk collection in 1998, I never thought I would even see one of these, much less own one. I bought this one on eBay pretty cheaply many years ago and sent it to PSA myself.  I think the 5 grade is pretty good - can't say I recall seeing one higher.

For those interested, here is a great article on the whole Candy Lids thing, much more articulate and well-researched than I could ever attempt.

Suffice it to say, this is one of my favorite cards in the Fisk Obsession and one of the main reasons I enjoy collecting - it makes me smile.



Original box of 1973 Topps Candy Lids with four example tubs.  The player image is on the inside of the lid.


No comments:

Post a Comment