Wednesday, August 8, 2018

2005 Topps Pristine Personal Endorsements

I wasn't in the card game in 2005, having rejoined the hobby in 2008 after a nine-year layoff.  So I don't know anything about Topps Pristine, the history of this release, etc.  But I have to say, this card in-hand is a WOW card.  At first glance without an obvious Topps logo, I would have assumed this was an Upper Deck or maybe Donruss card (the sticker hologram isn't as noticeable in person).  This is a surprisingly high-end print for the Topps company.  I don't know what to call the printing technology except that it doesn't appear printed - more like engraved or stamped foil.  The whole thing has a hard metallic shimmer that is incredibly beautiful in the hand.  Very nice job here Topps. If I was at the Topps corporation, this is one release I would go back to the vault for and recycle.  Very happy to have grabbed this for cheaper than 2018 autos are selling for today.  Great card + great price = happy Fisk obsessive.



No comments:

Post a Comment