Tuesday, August 7, 2018

2003 Fleer Rookies and Greats Boyhood Idols Jersey Auto #18/50

As I was filing away newer cards, I keep running across cards that really catch my eye that I haven't put on the blog before.  Picked this one up back in 2012 for $7.  That's right, seven bucks.  I love catching deals like that on The Bay.  Granted, this card is ugly as sin but it's still an auto numbered to /50, so don't hate.  The overall layout isn't bad for 2003.  I like the Boyhood Idols script with the double shadow (white/black/burgundy).  Also, the black background makes it overall very dark so it really doesn't pop but I appreciate the design effort.  If it were me and I was going to use the white "autograph box" that they have at the bottom, I would have gone for a lighter contrasting color.  As it is, the black/white contrast really makes this card all about the autograph box.  Overall experience is , "yup, I got an auto".  But push this design forward ten years and put a 2-color patch and on-card auto with a colored sharpie and this could be a hit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment