Sunday, June 21, 2015

2010 Upper Deck Exquisite Collection #19/75

If I'm not mistaken, this is only the second one of these I've ever seen on eBay.  The first one I believe the guy was asking ~$200.  I was stunned when I first saw because, at first glance, it just appears like a fancy base card numbered to /75.  However, after a little looking around I found out that 2010 Upper Deck Exquisite was never actually a released set.  The base cards were seeded into packs of Upper Deck Series 1 as case hits.  This is where it gets interesting.  In March of 2010 as part of a settlement with MLB, Upper Deck agreed not to release any more baseball cards.  So the patch and auto versions of Exquisite were never released and the /75 base cards that would have been threaded into product all year until December, stopped its release before Opening Day in March.  So, no telling how many of these cards are out there in the market.  So when I saw this one on eBay, I made the owner a reasonable Best Offer and grabbed it.  It's a beautiful card in-hand, which is what Upper Deck was best at.  It's also the thickest base card I've ever held.  It took a 180-point top loader to hold it.  All in all, stoked to have this (rare?) card in my collection.  I can't say much for the art, though.  Fisk's face looks like an alien.  Interesting choice in art for such a high end product.


No comments:

Post a Comment