Thursday, October 9, 2014

2013 Panini America's Pastime Trading Swatches Gold Parallel #19/25

As a certified Fisk obsessive, I check eBay and COMC daily and have many searches set up to email me daily as a backstop. In spite of that I wasn't even aware that the 2013 Panini America's Pastime even HAD a Gold parallel until this bad boy showed up on eBay a couple weeks back. The base card is # /125 and I thought that was pretty good - and all there was. So imagine my pleasant surprise when a # /25 parallel pops up! Anyway, it's the only one I've ever seen for sale and now it's all mine!! Panini is starting to impress me and I'm getting hopeful as they've now out maneuvered Topps in the NFL deal and started cranking out some sick sets. The hallmark that made Upper Deck great that Panini is picking up is the creativity: they've made the basic memorabilia card fun again by offering a card with a swatch from each of two teams thusly "Trading Swatches". I don't know, maybe I'm just easily entertained. However, I recently listened to a Cardboard Connection podcast interview with a Panini designer who was actually discussing what Panini is doing to keep the memo cards fresh, like batting glove cards and leather fielding glove cards. We're pulling for you Panini, cause Topps sure ain't goin anywhere....





No comments:

Post a Comment