Friday, October 17, 2014

1985 The Topps Vault 4-Color Negative One-of-One



I've had a couple other Topps Vault items but this is the sweetest one to date by far. 1985 Topps was a huge set for me when I was a kid. I collected the hell out of it and it was really the last year I was serious about cards for about 15 years. So I love this '85 Fisk. As a player, he hit his second peak, cranking 37 homers at 38 years old. The next season I saw him hit a game-winning homer at Oakland Colleseium that was - and still is - my best baseball moment of all time. So to have THE negative of this card is huge. It's holding a piece of history in your hand. It's not the most beautiful piece to look at, but to know that Topps workers held this in their hands as they created the '85 is beauty in itself.






No comments:

Post a Comment